Monday, March 2, 2020

Movement in Lighting: Ambulance Lights

I was unable to directly upload my video, but I will provide a link to view it here. I'm unsure how well this lighting creates the illusion of movement, but I found these flashing ambulance lights that were shining through the shutters of my old house and onto a G. Harvey painting to be very aesthetically pleasing. It creates a very subtle look of movement throughout the painting, charging what was painted to be a peaceful scene with anxious energy.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was an incredibly interesting use of lights to create the illusion. Along with this the painting itself is an interesting choice, I agree with Katie that is really does take a peaceful scene and create anxious energy. These lights are often associated with something bad or anxious and though it's subtle it changes the entire feeling.

    ReplyDelete