Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Dance Lighting - Color

Lighting Design and Performance Photography | Dance/NYC

I think this photo is an interesting example of the use of color in dance lighting. To begin the stark white color enhances the bleak feelings already seen by the small shapes of the dancers and their facial expressions. Along with this the lack of direct lighting does not give the viewer a place to focus and allows their eyes to look everywhere. Overall I think this lighting does well to capture the feelings of this dance.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is very interesting dance lighting because I agree that it was a fascinating choice not to focus the lights on the dancers. The lack of selective focus could allow the dancers' movements to be more fluid as no space is hidden from the audience and the dancers are the only things that will move. I think the use of the blue color is very interesting, and I think that the use of this monotone color creates a sullen and intense mood that is mirrored in the dance.

    ReplyDelete