Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Dance Lighting

I really love the lighting for this dance scene from Cinderella because it models the characters beautifully and highlights the form of the dancers. I think that the soft white light brings out the colors of the costumes. I really like how the light makes the actors selectively visible with the background only dimly lit. I also like how the dancers are fully visible, as the audience is even able to see the feet of the characters. I think that the lighting portrays a romantic mood that elevates the dance.

Cinderella | Kent Stowell | Pacific Northwest Ballet

From: https://www.pnb.org/repertory/cinderella/

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the lighting here really goes well with the classical style of dance. The more simplistic style of dance does not need to have excessive colors or anything to highlights its refinement.

    ReplyDelete