Thursday, February 20, 2020

Confusing Lighting Choices - Roses

Image result for poor colorful theater lighting

While this picture itself is interesting to look at, the color choices are confusing to me. The yellow and blue don't seem to be colors that either go together well or match the red of the roses. The shadow it creates as well don't contribute to the shape of the rose and makes it difficult to look at. Overall I am not sure if I enjoy this photo because it does not invoke a specific reaction or emotion, however it is unlike other photos I have seen.

2 comments:

  1. The photo is weird to look at, the bright lights at the top of the picture draw your attention there while most of the detail is in the middle of the picture. I agree that while this is interesting to look at I feel that is is self-defeating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue and yellow colors, though I do agree that they don't work well with the roses. Also the shadow doesn't do the roses justice, which is a big missed opportunity.

    ReplyDelete