Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Personal Photo


I took this picture of a beautiful sunset over a field in western Pennsylvania waiting for the start of a movie at the drive-in movie theatre. The lighting in this picture reminds me of relaxing summer nights because of all the brilliant orange colors. I love how the angle of the sun at this time filled the top of the sky with less intense light and the bottom with very intense orange hues. I appreciate how the clouds act as a natural filter for the sunlight. I also like how the darkness of the land and trees foreshadow the coming darkness of night. 

2 comments:

  1. This image makes me feel very homey. The faded blue sky along with the orange sunlight hitting the grey clouds is really beautiful and soothing. I also think the darkness on the ground works well with the sky to give off the mood that the day is winding down to a calm night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might have not been a detail you wanted to draw much attention to, but I like the reflection of the warm, orange clouds in the cool metal roof of the car. I find this lighting between nature and machine juxtaposition to be interesting, and aesthetically pleasing. I would have love to have seen a closeup view of the colors of the sunset reflecting off of the car(s).

    ReplyDelete