Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Personal Photo - Trinity Campus

I took this photo of a campus cat late last semester. I didn’t notice it at the time, but I think I captured some interesting lighting effects. It was a rainy afternoon, so the light filtered very subtly through the clouds. I am mostly struck by the reflections of light on the sidewalk, where you can tell where it had rained. You can see a shine in the puddles of water behind the cat, and a reflection of bright light in front of the cat, too. I think the reflections are very calming to look at.

2 comments:

  1. I like that the light is subtle because of the overcast clouds, it makes Sabrina stand out more as a focal point of the photo. I like that the water reflections picked up some of the more distinct colors, such as the red bricks. Due to the weather, the coloring of everything except Sabrina is very subdued. I think this photo has interesting shadows, too. The reflections of light in the puddles draw your eye throughout the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sabrina stands out so much because of how the light tunnels towards her. This is due to the brick wall providing a shadow that goes from wide in the front of the photo and tightens as it gets closer to sabrina. It is also striking how subtly the shadow is that is made by sabrina on the pavement.

    ReplyDelete