Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Sunset at National Harbor



I took this photo in National Harbor, just outside of D.C. at sunset. I really like how the light emphasizes the horizon as the warm light contrasts the blue of the sky and water. The water is clear and you can see the light reflected in the water. I like that the colors of the sky and water are more pale in direct contrast to the land, boats and trees that are dark as a result of the back lighting. The sunset gives the photo a somber and peaceful mood. The light allows you to see ripples in the water and the curved shape of the water, which creates movement and draws your eye throughout the photo.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the lighting in your photo because I love the way that the shallow angle of light models the scene below. I also like how it makes the natural elements of the photo, including the water and shoreline, more visible than the man-made elements, including the boats and buildings on the other shore. I think this selective focus helps to create the calm atmosphere that you described.

    ReplyDelete