Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Movement in Lighting

I really like the lighting in this video because while the LED strips are still and static fixtures, the different individual lights flashing create a chase effect, making it appear like one light is rapidly moving. I really like how at the beginning of the video, the light cascades down the fixture like a waterfall. I also really like how later in the video, the light fixtures are able to create different patterns that appear to be the same lights moving. This fixture is a static piece of art that creates the illusion of movement. I really love this piece, and I think it would be really cool and versatile to have as a source of light. I also think that the color changes create a vibrant atmosphere that matches the excitement created by the quick perceived movements.  


1 comment:

  1. The use of LED strips allow for a fluid movement then a jagged or sudden movement. I also like how the light is able to blend seamlessly with one another. A movement that aI find unique about these LED strips recreate the look of something falling and filling up a glass.

    ReplyDelete